GigaFox Pre-installation Guide
The GigaFox cart will arrived pre-assembled, ready for a Mobile Labs installer to complete the installation process. But, this page includes GigaFox component details and the necessary network requirements to successfully complete the GigaFox installation process.
GigaFox Appliance Specifications
- GigaFox Cart Dimensions: 24" W x 48.58" H x 32.42" D
- Monitor Height: 18.5"
- Device Capacity: 48 devices
- USB Hubs: 4 Datamation 15-Port USB Charge and Sync Hubs
- Appliance Fans: 4 exhaust fans, 30 internal fans
- Server: Apple Mac Mini running OS X 10.13
Intel i7 3.0 GHz processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB Hard Disk Drive
- Graphics Enhancement Engine: Dell PowerEdge R740 Intel Xeon 4112, 16 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD
- Cart Weight: approximately 450 pounds
Graphics Extension Manager (GEM)
The GigaFox GEM delivers new levels of real-time smoothness and responsiveness to cloud-based devices, imitating the experience of having a physical device in hand and providing a platform for a variety of mobile applications, including active web content, gaming, and streaming audio and video.
- GEM Hardware Platform: Dell PowerEdge R740
- Three (3) NVIDIA Quadro P2000 GPUs
- Three (3) StarTech USB 2.0 controller cards
- GEM Firmware
- Custom embedded Linux OS
- Separate data and firmware partitions
- Side by side installation of firmware images
- Not user-modifiable (root filesystem is static and non-persistent)
GigaFox Power Requirements
- Domestic Internal Per Fan: 15 Watts, 115 Volts, 0.13 Amps
- International Internal Per Fan: 13 Watts, 230 Volts, 0.056 Amps
- Domestic Exhaust Per Fan: 6 Watts, 115 Volts, 0.052 Amps
- International Exhaust Per Fan: 6.5 Watts, 230 Volts, 0.028 Amps
- Mac-mini : 85 Watts, 230 Volts, 0.36 Amps
- Graphics Enhancement Engine: 1100 Watts, 230 Volts, 4.78 Amps
- USB Hubs : 336 Watts, 230 Volts, 1.46 Amps
- Monitor : 17 Watts, 230 Volts, 0.07 Amps
- Two (2) IP addresses permanently allocated by MAC address and
assigned by the
on-premise Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connections allowed to and from the assigned IPs on ports 443, 80 and 10160.
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) connections allowed to and from the assigned IPs on ports 32768 - 65535.
- A packet connection speed to the assigned IP of < 300ms.
- For Active Directory connections use:
- Port 389 for LDAP
- Port 636 for LDAPs
To locate the MAC Address of the Mac Mini:
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Hardware. The MAC Address will be on the first line of the dialog.
Device Network Connection
To test devices and applications as intended, each device must have its own WiFi or cellular connection. Devices will not share a network connection with GigaFox.
Network Requirements Best Practices
- Allow inbound HTTPS to the GigaFox server.
- To use the Mobile Labs Trust, deviceBridge or GigaFox CLI, allow TCP port 10160 to GigaFox server.
- Allow SSH between GigaFox Server and GEM.
- Allow UDP in and out to ports 32768 - 65535 to GEM.
- On on-premise IT admin machines, allow inbound SSH (port 22)/VNC (port 5900) to GigaFox Server.
- Block all other network access.